Current Travel Guidelines for International Students
The current situation of the world is certainly not looking the greatest. With the onset of the Omicron variant, it looks like we might be on for another long phase of the battle. It is true that international travel is currently on.
However, there are certain rules and regulations that everyone must follow according to the country they are visiting from as well as to.
The embargo of foreign regular commercial flights in India has been extended until January 31, 2022, according to India’s Director General of Civil Aviation. “In partial modification of circular dated 26-11-2021, the relevant authority has agreed to continue [India’s] suspension of Scheduled International commercial passenger services to/from India till 2359 hours of 31st January 2022,” according to the air transport body’s memo.
Non – contact self-declaration through the Air Suvidha Portal has been made necessary for the purpose of contact tracing by India’s Civil Aviation and Health Ministry as of December 7, 2021. Waiver forms from the Air Suvidha webpage are no longer available.
Here are the respective guidelines for each country mentioned. You should still go through the entire website of the concerned country you are visiting, to know more about the details.
Travel Guidelines for Students amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Travel restrictions are currently in effect for anyone who has spent the previous 14 days in
- South Africa
Australian citizens, permanent residents, or direct family members entering Australia who has spent the previous 14 days in any of these countries must undergo supervised quarantine for 14 days, in accordance with state and territory laws. This is true regardless of whether or not you have been vaccinated.
Other visitors who have visited these countries within the past 14 days are not authorized to enter Australia. This is true even if they have a travel exemption, a qualifying visa, or are entering under a safe travel zone arrangement.
Restrictions are subject to change at any time. All travelers should examine the rules of their destination state or territory, including quarantine and testing procedures.
Two conditions must be satisfied in order to enter Canada as a student:
- You must have a current study permit or a letter of introduction proving that you have been granted for a study permit.
- You must be enrolled in a designated learning institution (DLI) that has a COVID-19 preparedness plan that has been authorised by the province or territory.
Even if you are completely vaccinated, you must have a 14-day quarantine plan in place before entering Canada. The ultimate judgment on whether you qualify as a fully-vaccinated passenger will be made by the border services personnel.
The White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that beginning December 6, all international air passengers traveling to the United States will be needed to make a COVID-19 negative test within one day of their departing, irrespective of national origin or vaccination status.
With winter break approaching, we highly advise you to keep an eye on the CDC’s foreign travel recommendations, since new travel limitations and requirements might emerge fast.
Several programs at German universities will resume classroom instruction in the winter semester of 2021/2022. Students must demonstrate that they have been vaccinated, healed, or came back negative to participate.
Each city in Germany has a test center where you may get tested. Since mid-October, the tests have been subjected to a cost. Overseas students who have been vaccinated with a vaccine that has not yet been authorized by the EU are exempted. The Corona tests are still available for free for them until the end of 2021.
All visitors to the United Kingdom must:
- Conduct a coronavirus test (COVID-19 test) three days before your trip and acquire a negative result.
- Retain your original test results to present when you check in for your flight and at the UK border – this may be printed or an email or text message on your phone. If you’re going to use your phone, make sure it’s fully charged.
- Your test results must be in one of three languages: English, French, or Spanish. It is your obligation to guarantee that the test fulfils the UK Government’s requirements.
- Purchase and pay for a travel testing package. COVID-19 tests will be required on or before day two and on or after day eight of your quarantine in the UK. This is presently £210.
- Fill out the online passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive in the UK with your travel and contact information.
- When you submit the passenger location form, you will receive an email confirmation with a document attached.
- At UK border control, present either a printed copy of the document or a downloaded copy of the document on your phone.
- Wear a facial covering and observe social distancing standards when arriving at an airport, port, or train station.
- Observe the national lockdown guidelines of the United Kingdom.