Study Square (Business Name) and/or its affiliates (“Study Square,” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with its privacy policies. This policy describes:
- the types of information that Study Square may collect from you when you access or use its websites, applications and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services”); and
- its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to the information Study Square collects through its Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with its Services.
Study Square offers a wide range of services in the international education sector, both in the physical and virtual realm, customized marketing solutions for the higher education sector, and services developed to assist prospective students for Certificates, Diploma, ESL, Pathways, Undergrad and Graduates (Masters and Ph.D.) in every step of their journey to desired colleges and universities abroad.
I. Information and Data – We collect
Study Square (“ the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
A. Your Personal Information (“PI”) – Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify and provide better services to that specific person but not limited to the name, gender, address, email ID, DOB, photo, contact details, nationality, academic qualifications, tests taken, work history, personal ID like passport number, spouse information, income, budget and future plans of individuals whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- We collect documents like academic records, resume or CV, passport copies, and other certificates required for the entire process.
- We collect information from an individual who has an interest of studying abroad and wants to apply to institutes abroad.
- We collect information from an individual who wants to get help for visa applications and processing visa file including student-visa or post study work visa.
- We collect information from consultants or individuals who are engaged in different activities managed by Study Square.
- We collect information from individuals who sign up / register for email subscription, newsletters, education fairs, virtual events and university / college information sessions.
- We also collect data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included
- Database providers from trusted and validated sources
- Social networks when you grant permission to Study Square to access your data
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain
- When you visit or website, we may collect some information by automated means such as
- Cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and pixels.
- Through IP address
- Operating Systems,
- Referring URLs,
- Dates and time of visits to our websites,
- Browser characteristics,
- Actions taken on website for collecting information uploaded
- Unique device identifier and other statistics
- A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links webpages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website.
II. Information and Data – We use or share
- We share or use your personal data to provide the services you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties (Our Partners) when you tell us to do so, such as when you want to check your eligibility for university or college admission process for particular course or register for any events and express the will to meet university / college representatives that provide more information about your educational opportunities.
- We may share personal data among Study Square’s affiliates, sub-agents and subsidiaries.
- We may share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide value added services. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose
- We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
B. We use information for providing services and for solving you inquires. Without necessary information we may not be able to provide full services to you. We will obtain your consent before collecting any Sensitive Information.
C. In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as
- customizing our user’s use of our websites;
- delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our websites; and
- managing our websites and other aspects of our business.
D. We also use third-party analytics services on our websites, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse your use of our websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the websites. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the following sites and any sites contained in the country-specific addenda:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
III. Information and Data Collection – Our purpose to collect, use and share
- We use data to make the connection between the prospective candidates and the university / colleges / business school, we connect students with our value-added service partners such as discounted couriers, discounted foreign exchange services, discounted air tickets, education loans and discounted student health insurance etc.
- We use data for providing services viz. counseling, profile analysis, shortlisting of universities / colleges / courses, scholarship offers, application filling, application submission, comparing options, and student visa file.
- We collect data to conduct research for statistical, analytical and training purposes.
- We collect data to respond your query related to study abroad.
- We collect data to provide you information regarding exams to be taken for getting admission or visa granted.
IV. Information and Data Transfers
V. Information and Data – We protect and keep secured
- We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. We take reasonably steps to protect the PI we hold against interference, loss, unauthorized access, modifications, use or disclosure, and other misuse.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The third-party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers).
- We do maintenance of computer technology, people and process-based security measures for example firewalls, network security configurations, use of passwords and other appropriate measures where information is held in electronic form.
- We provide regular updates to security systems and configurations to protect our systems from malicious activity.
- We restrict access of data to only those staff that need access to carry out our business activities.
However, you should be aware that if you submit information to us electronically the internet is not a secure environment. We take reasonable steps to provide a secure channel for receiving information but cannot absolutely protect Personal Information before it reaches us.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will destroy, delete it in a secure manner, or ensure that the information is de-identified in accordance with our information destruction and de-identification policy, unless we are required by law to retain a copy of the Personal Information or the information is contained in a Commonwealth record.
VII. Information and Data – How you can request to access and correct these
You have the right to seek access to any of your Personal Information held by us unless there is a valid reason under the Privacy Act for us to withhold the information.
- You should know that at any time you can ask us what information we hold for you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
VIII. Job applicants
IX. Refund Policy
We offer a refund if we have missed deadlines or there is any breach of service committed by one of our experts. In this case, we also take strict action against the expert, except issuing an immediate refund. However, if the refund request is made on the base of ‘change of mind’, we have a ‘No Refund, Exchange Only’ policy. All products are sold “as is”. You may contact us within 120 days from the purchase date if you wish to exchange your purchase for a product of equal or lesser value.
X. How to contact us: